You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

BUG: Toolbar offscreen in Seperated Mode

In Seperated Mode, my Toolbar appears to be offscreen. I can't see it at all, even after toggling off and on, and when I choose Customize Toolbar... the customize panel squeezes out in in to a location above and to the left of my main display (I use two displays).

I've tried repositioning my displays but that doesn't work. Reset Studio doesn't work, either.

MacBook Pro 15" Mid-2012, 16GB RAM, OS X 10.10.3

Affinity Designer Beta 

post-10832-0-29665400-1430591695_thumb.jpg

post-10832-0-85675600-1430591690_thumb.jpg

I had this behavior too. Always happened when switching from non-separated to separated. Somehow I managed to get the tool bar back after a while by jumping through some hoops. Have to re-check what those hoops where …

But anyway this is a bug.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I've struggled with this issue and looked everywhere, finally found a post from one of AD's moderators MEB which helped me. Posting the same below and hope this helps everyone who likes to work on separated mode:

"Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:22 AM

Hi shigglebop,

Welcome to Affinity Forums  :)

Press and hold ctrl while launching the application then select Clear from the dialog that will open to reset the app to its defaults.

Let me know if you still have trouble after resetting the application.

• Staff

shakeer's advice should work however be aware that resetting the app will clear any custom brushes and keyboard shortcuts. Please see this video to learn how to back them up first. 

This should only happen if you've intentionally check the tick boxes for clearing your brushes and/or keyboard shortcuts. You can reset the studio without resetting anything else with Control+run up.

You should always backup of course. :)

• 1 year later...

If you catch it in the act (and your files are saved) you can force quit (OS X) the app.

Then the tool bar is where it should be.

(doesn’t work anymore if you have already quit the app in a regular way with the toolbar offscreen)

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 3/23/2018 at 8:20 AM, VIPStephan said:

This toolbar issue appears for me if I unplug my other monitor and AD has to move all windows back to one monitor. The workaround to get the toolbars back without resetting AD is to change the screen resolution (and then change it right back), so it can recalculate the proper positions.

just saved me a lot of frustration. thankyou!! I use an external monitor and always lose panels off to the sides when i (often) rotate the monitor and the screen orientation to portrait mode. this worked straight away -- quick and elegant. 

life saver!  

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.