You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF export is not working (Windows 10)

Okay so at some point, I lost the ability to export PDF. It was working fine for ages, and then now it says it's exporting (with progress bar etc), but when I open the export folder, it hasn't made any files.

Other file formats exports work fine.

This behavior/bug is consistent across different project files.

I have tried uninstalling Designer, rebooting, then reinstalling.

When I re-install, it comes up and says "Affinity Designer will be updated to 1.6.5".  (using build 135)

I've done this a few times and it never installs it from scratch.

Is there something that I can delete or remove after uninstalling that will FORCE the installer to do it from scratch?

In any case, the problem is persistent. Everything works - except the most important thing for me which is PDF export.

Does affinity have some sort of support ticket system or is everything done through the forum?

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

As a workaround, I have been using Microsoft Print to PDF but it is cumbersome and doesn't have all the features I want. It's costing me extra time and time is money.

I would really really like to get this to work like it was working before.

• Staff

Hi Terence Kearns :)

Sorry to hear it, I'm certain we can assist here.

7 hours ago, Terence Kearns said:

Does affinity have some sort of support ticket system or is everything done through the forum?

You can email us directly at affinitysupport@serif.com if you prefer, but the same team will deal with your report so the choice is yours!

Firstly I recommend using the following Microsoft tool to uninstall the app and any data from your computer, so that you can install the application from scratch.

Download the following tool (https://support.microsoft.com/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed), then after uninstalling and restarting your computer, download a new version of the .exe from the following link and install this. (https://store.serif.com/update/windows/designer/1/)

If this does not solve your issue, please try following the instructions at the below forum post and provide a copy of the log that is produced, as it may be an issue with a font installed on your machine that is preventing PDF export - 

If you wish, you can also try installing our latest version 1.7 beta alongside your retail 1.6 version, to see if the same export issue persists here, as we have made many changes in the latest build.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!