You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Eye Candy plugin opens, sort of

I have noticed that the Eye Candy plugin will actually open in the 1.7 beta.

Unfortunately no image can be seen.

But since the filter does not open at all in 1.6, is there reason to hope or is it just a fluke?

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

• Staff

Hey TomM1,

I've just given it a go and unfortunately, it crashed Photo. I did, however, see the UI appear for a brief second or two so something seems to have progressed. 

I know it has been said countless times before but we are making progress with plugins but I just don't have any kind of timeframes. I'll certainly get the crash investigated because that definitely should not have happened. If I can find anything else out I'll let you know.

Would be great to get this working! 

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

I just tried EC on beta 122 and it does open and I get a rough but inexact preview. But if I apply an effect such as chrome, it did actually apply it. However, it did not create the duplicate layer, so is destructive. But APh didn't crash! Looks like the preview is the main issue, so that is a bit encouraging. Hopefully it can become functional.

Eye Candy Preview v122.jpeg

Eye Candy Results v122.jpeg

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

Tried it a couple more times and it did crash APh once when it tried to open EC. Had to also force quit EC then, but when I reopened and tried the same things, it worked. However, since then it crashes about half the time upon opening of EC filter.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Upgraded to 123 and it doesn't seem to crash (based on 2 tests). 

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Beta 125 — Crashes most of the time when EC opens. Can do the filter on one rasterized layer/object, but when trying on a 2nd item, always crashes. 

Still no usable/accurate preview once within Eye Candy.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

• 5 weeks later...

Just installed the MAS v1.7.1 and Eye Candy no longer opens at all. Not sure what changed from the beta, but disappointed. Despite not providing an accurate preview, if you knew what you wanted, you could get the effect by selecting a preset.

Hopefully this can be fixed (again).

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.