You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

EPS Place issues with Designer

I'm trying to place some EPS files that are used as control targets for Offset Printing. When I try to place them the import window pops up and all I get is the "spinning beach ball" (I'm on a Mac). Not all EPS files do this but these control targets do. Any ideas on this one??

Thanks

Jim K

Might help to upload the control target eps files to look at.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Having the same issue as you when opening, either in 1.6 and 1.7

Adobe Illustrator CC opens it fine, I Saved it as a CC version and Affinity Designer opens it fine, the original file was from 1997 Adobe 3.0 O.o

VS1P07U-2.eps

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I'm running version 1.6.1. I didn't know there was an update to 1.7. I down loaded your file but some of the inner targets are missing such as 1x1 checker spot size verification. If there is an update to 1.7, the Apple App Store has not updated me.

Thanks

Jim K

Useful link to bookmark

15 hours ago, skyking said:

If there is an update to 1.7, the Apple App Store has not updated me.

All the 1.7 versions (for Designer, Photo, & the as yet unreleased Affinity Publisher app) are still in the beta development stage, meaning they are not finalized or considered stable enough to recommend for general use. Among other things, the native Affinity file format is of necessity being updated to support new features available only in the 1.7 versions, so (maybe with a very few exceptions) documents created with one of the betas cannot be opened in the current 1.6 retail versions, nor can you copy & paste most things from 1.7 documents to 1.6 ones.

Once the 1.7 versions are out of beta & finalized, they will appear as Mac App Store updates.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I did download Designer best 1.7 (I'm also testing Publisher beta). I still got the same results with the EPS file you sent me. I have attached a screen shot so you can see how the file either opens or places. Also, where 100% black solids are designer "sees" them as 400% black. You can see in the attached images how some things are missing when you compare to the original EPS image I sent you yesterday.

Let me know what you think and thanks!

Jim K

Target.png