You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Just starting with Trial. A question or two

Can someone explain how this layer works? I opened up a promoted artwork so that I could analyze the content. This vector item is blue but the color suggests it is assigned a fill of orange-red. Clearly some sort of effect or process is changing the color. Where and how? I can not find it.

http://sta.sh/0bba55skak

Also, does Designer include any warping functions? Tools that allow me to alter perspective and angles of raster images?

• Staff

Hi estevancarlos,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Have you changed the opacity of the group that contains that shape? Select the group that contains it on the Layers panel and check the opacity value/blend mode at the top of the panel. It should be 100% and Passthrough.

Affinity Designer does not include a warp/perspective distortion tool yet (it's on our roadmap to be implemented later) but i'm not sure it will work with raster images at this point (only vectors, but i may be wrong).

Affinity Photo Beta include tools for warp/perspective distortions on raster images and it's available for free during the beta period. You can sign-up for the Beta here. You will be able to exchange files between Designer and Photo freely since they share the same format (or send the file from one program to the other without having to save it, including its history).

• 2 weeks later...

MEB, et al

Hope I'm not "hj-jacking" this thread - but this is a related question:

I love the control that painting with raster pixel brushes inside vector shapes provides.

(I find it difficult to get the same effects with vector).

But I don't really have the "big picture" yet.  

For example - I know that enlarging rasters compromises quality.

Any basic advice on using the two (vector and raster) together in an image?

Any pitfalls to avoid or things to be aware of? 

Many Thanks!

O.