You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector eraser & simplifying brush?

Hi,

I would like to put two ideas up to discussion. I like working with AD, but also work with Manga Studio 5 a lot, and it has some nifty features that would be welcome in AD.

First thing I like a lot is the vector eraser option. In MS5 you can draw on pixel and on vector layers. On the vector layer I can use the eraser to erase until intersection. This is cool as I don't have to be too fussy with overlapping lines. It works very well, and would be great in AD! I can also erase one line easily without affecting the other lines around it.

2nd thing that is quite great is the simplify brush. As a default the paths made with freehand drawing in MS5 have too many points, but using this brush cleans up pretty nicely, with a good range of options. Something like this would be a great addition to the pencil tool

Come to think of it: what would be very welcome is more settings for the pencil tool, I think it is too basic now without any way of setting smoothness. Is this coming?

• Staff

Hi postmadesign,

Yes, smoothing/simplifying paths is coming. I know MattP will revamp the pencil/brush tools later to make them more flexible.

Regarding the vector erasing, i'm not sure if this is planned (on short term). I can see how this could be useful and may be added later eventually, but for now the focus is on completing our roadmap.

• 2 months later...