You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resize including shadow in Affinity Designer

Hi

I have a logo which I have designed in Xara, and I have imported it as a pdf into Affinity Designer, because I need to change the logo.

I have changed the logo and I have used an outline shadow fx as a drop shadow. 

Now I try to resize the logo to exact dimensions, because I need to export it as a png in different sizes.

But the resize does not take the shadow fx into consideration.

When I resize the logo to 165 x 95 and then go to the export persona to create a slize, the slize becomes much larger because the resize does not take the fx drop shadow into consideration.

Is there a fast way you can resize to exact pixel dimensions when you use a fx, like the outer shadow?

It does not work for me.

The object is exactly 165x95 pixels in the draw persona. 

There is a 2pixels drop shadow at an 315 degree angle. (bottom and right side)

When I create the slice in export persona it expands the size of the slize to 168x98 which is the size of the object plus the drop shadow.

So the way I see it is that the drop shadow is not included on the object size in the draw persona but it is included on the export persona.

The only way I have been able to hit my target size is by trial and error. Switching back and forth between the export and draw persona.

There must be a better way to hit a target image size than trial and error. I can't resize the object in the export persona.