You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[By Design] Inconsistent zoom snapping

Hi, I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I couldn't find it from a quick search. Basically, zooming in and out with the mouse wheel you'd expect the zoom levels to snap to 100% and logical numbers (like 5%, 10% or 25% differences etc) but sometimes the zoom level goes to things like 96% instead of 100% forcing me to have to change the zoom value manually to 100 again. I'm on the latest stable version of Affinity photo. I can't be the only one irritated by this inconsistency. I know it sounds minor but it's super annoying. :P It seems to only be with mouse wheel while right clicking and clicking zoom in/zoom out use decent values.

I looked in preferences but couldn't find anything related to it. :(

EDIT; attached an image of what I mean, just some screenshots showing the kind of zoom values you get from using the mouse wheel. The most annoying part is you may not even be using the zoom tool at the time meaning you have to switch to the zoom tool just to set it back to a decent value like 100%. The blurryness in the photo is because I took the second screenshot while cropping the first so you can see how it looks when the zoom isn't perfect.

Capture.PNG

Then I'm very sad, ending up randomly with 100.4% zoom level by design... Does this not trigger anyone's OCD? the image is slightly blurry at these values. :/ I'm much rather the mouse wheel zoom snap to exact, specified numbers instead of multiples of odd decimal values. Is there a reason this is by design? It looks like the mouse wheel behaves differently to manually zooming with the zoom tool (or ctrl+=/ctrl+-), is that correct? If so would it not be better to behave the same? the zoom tool zooms to exact values of 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 500 etc. If the reason the mouse wheel behaves differently is to allow smaller increments of zooms I'd still prefer the numbers were rounded to plus or minus 5's, 10's and 25's rather than out of place numbers.

If you really want to be zooming in specifically from 122.9 to 153.6 or 98.3 instead of 125 to 150 or 100 then I think you'd be in the minority, but I seem to be the only one making this observation so maybe I'm the crazy one here. :P At any rate I think I've done all I can to point this out, I guess my request is I'd prefer decent values when zooming. It's very much up to you guys as the developers to decide what to do though and I respect your decision either way. ^^