You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.312

• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: 64 Bit Win 7 SP1 / Win 8.1 / Win 10  (>=1607)

We are pleased to announce Affinity Publisher build 312 is now available as a manual download from the link above. To be notified when there is a new beta please press follow on this announcement thread

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread.

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum

Many thanks for your continued feedback.

---

Fixes and Improvements 

Menus / Studio
Stock Page improvements
(Mac) Removed default Convert to Curves shortcut to prevent accidental conversion while typing
(Win) Added 'Create Style' to the Edit Menu
(Win) Removed Create New from Clipboard shortcut

Loading / Saving
Fixed failure to save document after arrowheads applied and reset to 'None'

Import / Export
Fix for PDF Import crash when selecting 'Favour editable text over fidelity'
Added support for TIFFs with old-style JPEG compression
RAW files can now be placed using File > Place. To fall in line with the other apps
Prevent multiple spurious warnings when placing several files at once
(Mac) Fix for setting of 'Scale with Object' affecting Print output

DocX
Fixed crashes importing bogus DocX files
Added Drag Drop of DocX to populate Text Frames
Fixed / added DocX import features including:
- Formatting Fixes, leading fixes
- Negative right indent
- Basic group support
- Linked text frames
- Paragraph attribute priority fixes
- Incorrect object alignment
- Gradient fixes 
- Table borders, vertical cell alignment
- Documents without styles (created by PDF converter)

Images / Resources
Added per axis DPI and Scale controls on the Image Context bar DPI / Scale dropdown
Fixed and renamed the '1:1' button to reset the aspect ratio and scale to original size
Cropped Image conversion to Picture Frame handled better
Fix for undo of Set K-Only
(Win) Improved locate procedure for missing linked images
(Win) Fix for auto-update of linked documents not working

Text
Fixed crash pasting text with the Move tool active
Fixed OpenType lookup rules which resulting in features not being found dependent on 'Typography Script' etc
Hyperlink attributes are now always stripped when creating document text defaults
Improvements to Autoflow when overset text is involved
Improvements to Autoflow when shaped frames are involved
Pinning Panel - 'Advance' has been renamed 'Offset'
Pinning Panel - Added Top and Bottom borders for objects pinned inline
Scaled pinned nodes now remember their original scale and restore it when unpinned or unscaled
Fix for unwanted text scaling when text objects were pinned
Can now only pin one node at a time, fixes crash attempting to pin multiple
Allow direct selection of pinned objects that are the children of stories in master page frames
Fixed crash pasting text with pinned text objects (with pinned text objects)
Fixed crash pasting index mark into Find and Replace. Currently unsupported in Find and Replace
(Mac, Pre-Mojave) Pinning Panel - Fixed white background
(Win) Fix for inoperative Text Context bar controls with selections including pinned images
(Win) Fixed Scale capping in Pinning panel

Tables
Resizing a table causes the headers to become mismatched

Indexes
Improved index sorting for topics that don't start with alphabetic characters
(Mac) Fixed Index Panel Separator field drop arrow menu

---

Earlier Release Notes Beta 305

• Staff

Hi Ludger, 

I hadn't got around to looking into your post but have reproduced that issue and logged it for the developers to look into.

If you are stuck being unable to run the app due to this bug holding down CTRL whilst running it up the app will reset the studios.

It's worth noting however that if you haven't had a response to a post it won't likely be fixed in the next beta.

Thanks!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Good news, thank you. Just for the record, the download again is extremely slow, just like .302. I had this never before.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

11 minutes ago, Jens Krebs said:

Works fine for me. :)

Thanks for the thumps up. It is finally here after more than two hours and several disruptions. It may as well be a connection problem between my service provider and Amazon S3.

Going to install ...

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Thanks Jon, my solution is to delete the corrupted lines in the WindowProfile.xml so I do not have to rebuild the GUI, or I simply copy a xml backup file. :)

Waiting for the next beta ...

Sorry, but I there is a circuit for build 312 of publisher:

Based on build 293, properly installed on windows 10, I was directed to download build 312.

After upgrading to build 312, opening it I got again the message (this beta is no longer valid ...) and was again directed to download build 312.

Deleting publisher and installing build 312 from scratch (as administrator) didn't solve the problem.

Edited by wobo-wor

1.7.0.312 ... update failed. It totally blows out the existing program, reboot and it fresh installs

Logs attached

AffinitySetup.rar

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have been successfully using build 312, but when I tried to go into it today, I got a message "New beta available. Please download the latest..." .But the "latest" download's file name is 1.7. 0.312. Do I need to install it?

​Sharon

1 minute ago, CatLady said:

I have been successfully using build 312, but when I tried to go into it today, I got a message "New beta available. Please download the latest..." .But the "latest" download is labeled as build 312. Do I need to install it?

You have to make sure you look for the latest version. You usually find it in a fixed post at the top of this forum:
Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.337

d.

Thanks, Dominik! But I got the 312 download by clicking the link on the page to update Publisher. I went to that page by clicking the "Download" link that was in the message box that said there was a new beta available. I guess someone forgot to edit where that link would take the user.

New beta available Publisher.gif

Download version 1-7-o.gif

​Sharon

• Staff

The beta served up by the Affinity store is not the latest release, sorry. The latest release of Affinity Publisher beta is 1.7.0.337 and we will overwrite the store file next week.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon