You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.312

• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: Mac OS 10.9 or above

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher build 312 is now available as a manual download from the link above. To be notified when there is a new beta please press follow on this announcement thread.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread. 

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum

Many thanks for your continued feedback.

---

Fixes and Improvements 

Menus / Studio
Stock Page improvements
(Mac) Removed default Convert to Curves shortcut to prevent accidental conversion while typing
(Win) Added 'Create Style' to the Edit Menu
(Win) Removed Create New from Clipboard shortcut

Loading / Saving
Fixed failure to save document after arrowheads applied and reset to 'None'

Import / Export
Fix for PDF Import crash when selecting 'Favour editable text over fidelity'
Added support for TIFFs with old-style JPEG compression
RAW files can now be placed using File > Place. To fall in line with the other apps
Prevent multiple spurious warnings when placing several files at once
(Mac) Fix for setting of 'Scale with Object' affecting Print output

DocX
Fixed crashes importing bogus DocX files
Added Drag Drop of DocX to populate Text Frames
Fixed / added DocX import features including:
- Formatting Fixes, leading fixes
- Negative right indent
- Basic group support
- Linked text frames
- Paragraph attribute priority fixes
- Incorrect object alignment
- Gradient fixes 
- Table borders, vertical cell alignment
- Documents without styles (created by PDF converter)

Images / Resources
Added per axis DPI and Scale controls on the Image Context bar DPI / Scale dropdown
Fixed and renamed the '1:1' button to reset the aspect ratio and scale to original size
Cropped Image conversion to Picture Frame handled better
Fix for undo of Set K-Only
(Win) Improved locate procedure for missing linked images
(Win) Fix for auto-update of linked documents not working

Text
Fixed crash pasting text with the Move tool active
Fixed OpenType lookup rules which resulting in features not being found dependent on 'Typography Script' etc
Hyperlink attributes are now always stripped when creating document text defaults
Improvements to Autoflow when overset text is involved
Improvements to Autoflow when shaped frames are involved
Pinning Panel - 'Advance' has been renamed 'Offset'
Pinning Panel - Added Top and Bottom borders for objects pinned inline
Scaled pinned nodes now remember their original scale and restore it when unpinned or unscaled
Fix for unwanted text scaling when text objects were pinned
Can now only pin one node at a time, fixes crash attempting to pin multiple
Allow direct selection of pinned objects that are the children of stories in master page frames
Fixed crash pasting text with pinned text objects (with pinned text objects)
Fixed crash pasting index mark into Find and Replace. Currently unsupported in Find and Replace
(Mac, Pre-Mojave) Pinning Panel - Fixed white background
(Win) Fix for inoperative Text Context bar controls with selections including pinned images
(Win) Fixed Scale capping in Pinning panel

Tables
Resizing a table causes the headers to become mismatched

Indexes
Improved index sorting for topics that don't start with alphabetic characters
(Mac) Fixed Index Panel Separator field drop arrow menu

---

Earlier Release Notes Beta 305

Hello @AdamW 

Thank you for this release.
Download on my side was good, no stop, no real lag.

no issue with installation, took around 3min (yes my mbp is not that recent)
1st launch was a bit slower than previous build, still no new splash screen there but the old black square thing !
loaded a project made with previous build version was quite fast no warning message, no lag.

Did Export of that project made with previous build was fast for TIFF, better with PSD compared to previous build but i've noticed the software now open the exported document straight forward not giving us choice if we want it to load with default software or just save it and open later (maybe i'm missing something here,if so, please teach me how to fix).
Also i've noticed the interface is more crisp and clear than previous version, in the same time i've noticed the change in the toogle preview mode button.
the over all thing is Okay, even if i still need to give a serious try.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

The white background of the pinning panel has indeed been fixed, and the panel can be resized, but there is no scrollbar to indicate that the panel is not completely displayed and when it is grouped with other panels that are stacked on other panels it does not always expand to show its full content when it could easily claim the space.

Still an improvement though :)

Table issue and pinning panel fixed  ---- ACE! 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Thank you for this, I have not really tested all improvements, but I did notice some stutter when moving objects with Snapping turned on. When I switched it off, or used the Alt modifier, everything was much 'snappier' ;-)

I will have a look at the snapping options to see if it changes anything.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.