You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using tab key when in Transform hides the studio and toolbars

When placing a bitmap image (a special paste from Excel) onto the page, when adjusting the position/size of the image by moving box to box using tab, this suddenly hides the studio and toolbars. This has happened several times now so clearly a bug, not an accidental keystroke.

The Tab key – by default and by design – normally hides the UI (panels, toolbars, etc.).
However, it shouldn’t function like this when you are editing fields in a panel.
Are you sure you haven’t pressed Enter before pressing Tab?
While you are entering data in the fields of a panel, the Tab key should move you to the next field in that panel while keeping that panel the focus of the UI.
Pressing Enter while entering data in a panel is the equivalent of saying “I’ve finished entering stuff in this panel” and the focus should leave the panel – like OKing a dialog box but the panel remains visible - so that the Tab key reverts back to its ‘hide the UI’ functionality.
I’ve come across this myself a few times and I’m fairly sure that the ‘problem’ was caused by me pressing Enter when I shouldn’t have.

• Staff

As GarryP has said are you pressing Enter afterwards? If so this will lose focus from the entry box, which will make Tab switch to the Show/Hide Studio function. If the caret is still in the transform panel you can use tab to move between entry boxes. The number entered is applied when you tab out of the box.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.