Big Fan

[Fixed] "Save failed because access to the file was lost"

Hello,

I just started having an issue with both Affinity Designer v1.61 and Photo v1.67 (both paid versions) where it gives me a save error: "Save failed because access to the file was lost, the document must now be closed"

I never had this issue before and I have had the paid version of both apps since they first came out (approx 2 years ago?) I am using a Mac running Mojave and all of my files are saved to an internal 7200 rpm project files drive (same as always). The only thing that has changed recently is the Affinity Publisher Beta was updated. I have checked my internal drive for issues and it's clean.

I haven't seen any specific fixes for this issue anywhere else in this forum so hoping someone may help.

Hi @Big Fan,

If you work locally, the only other scenario is if you lost access to the file (moved from the location or removed completely)

We've fixed this in 1.7 beta, and now you can save the file if you lose access to the source. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for the update. Do you have an ETA when the 1.7 update will be pushed via the app store?