You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Page Box - Artbox not working

See attached screenshot. A placed Design file, twice. On the left the Page Box is set to CropBox. On the right, ArtBox.

The file was an Illustrator file originally, then brought into Designer. Pretty much the same thing happens if I place the Ai file directly instead.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 6.50.30 PM.png

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

On the left the Page Box is set to CropBox. On the right, ArtBox.

ArtBox is that box in Adobe's PDF box model which never got really supported properly.

Here's a recent discussion about the boxes and the lack of ArtBox
- jump to 5/5/2019 10:14 PM, MikeW

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

Thank you very much, I've reproduced it here with your file. I'll get it passed on to documentation. It's strange, as one of my test PDFs works correctly, but this one and an another one doesn't!

Thanks! This is the second time that I've recreated a file originally from Adobe and I really had to wrack my brain in a few spots to figure out how to achieve the same look. That cropping threw me for a loop - had to try a few different things to manage a workaround.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.