You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

text being rasterised

Despite checking all settings on PDF output and trying all variations, some text in my document is being rasterized.
There are no effects applied to the text frames etc.

Also, I have an image that is clipped by a rounded edge box and the edge of the box is being rasterized rather than kept as vector. This looks really bad on output.

I've been experimenting a fair bit with PDF output from Affinity Publisher and it's very hard to bolt down exactly what's really going on and somewhat confusing.

I do want to like to app, but finding it's taking up so much time to do what should be a really straightforward thing where print output is concerned. It's catching me out and i'm sending things to prints which are not correct which on a large print job could cost me thousands so this stuff to me is VERY important!

10 hours ago, DeanThwaite said:

i'm sending things to prints which are not correct which on a large print job could cost me thousands so this stuff to me is VERY important!

Although this doesn't help with your problem, Serif do make it clear that this software is Beta, and should not be used for important/production work!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Thanks for all replies. I have discovered the problem.
It lies with a placed PSD image, which is worrying as this shouldn't affect type rendering on a PDF.

The PSD file had a base image layer with a levels adjustment layer.
I merged the file (therefore removing the adjustment) and saved it as both a flattened PSD and a layer PSD.
I replaced the image using resource manager and In both cases the type in the document and the clipping mask around the image rendered perfectly in the PDF.

I know this is a BETA version but this really shouldn't happen. I could completely understand if it was font related but its not. There were no fonts in the PSD image either.

9 minutes ago, garrettm30 said:

Or am I missing something here?

On 5/8/2019 at 12:15 AM, DeanThwaite said:

some text in my document is being rasterized.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Thanks,  you are correct the PSD image seems to be the cause.

I've logged it for further investigation but if you would like a workaround you can rasterize the image first before exporting.

Is it possible for you to upload the PSD separately to the same dropbox link? Might be useful!

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.