You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Background/Artboard gray level sliders dysfunctional

After downloading & installing the newest beta version of Designer, when trying to adjust background gray levels, the background goes to bright white and then the sliders become dysfunctional.  After the UI sets background levels to bright white, the UI gray level slider ceases to work.  I slide the sliders back and forth but nothing happens.

PAULRFONTENOT ;-)

Late 2013 iMac/32gb ram/2tb ssd     2018 MacBook Pro/32gb ram/1 tb ssd

Affinity Designer/Designer Beta

Affinity Photo/Photo Beta

Affinity Publisher Beta

• Staff

Hi PAULRFONTENOT,

What version of MacOS are you using? I've just tried this myself on the latest beta and it is working as expected. Both sliders change the intended background colours from black up to white, and the Gamma slider remains functional throughout. 

Would you be able to do a Ctrl+Run up by holding down Ctrl whilst the program is loading? This will display a dialog allowing you to reset different options. Could you select all of them and click 'Clear' and see if that resolves the issue? Please note that this will erase any assets, brushes, styles etc that you may have imported to please back these up first.

If you're still getting the issue could you do a screen recording showing the behaviour you are seeing please?

What a difference a day makes....

I went back into Affinity Designer and I was successful in setting the background color to black.

Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce the issue of the background color going to white and then not being able to change it back to black.

I know you were interested in this issue and I am sorry that I cannot reproduce the issue.   Why would the application background color go to white and then not respond to subsequent attempts to bring it back to black yesterday and then work correctly today?      ???

(rhetorical question)

PAULRFONTENOT ;-)

Late 2013 iMac/32gb ram/2tb ssd     2018 MacBook Pro/32gb ram/1 tb ssd

Affinity Designer/Designer Beta

Affinity Photo/Photo Beta

Affinity Publisher Beta

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.