You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colourful Cats (in Spacesuits) In Affinity Photo (split)

31 minutes ago, Josie said:

If I don’t draw can I still do art like the picture shown here? I don’t draw and that’s what I’m trying to figure out.

As I asked earlier, did you try out the ‘oil painting’ method? Several of your fellow users have been trying to help you, but it’s difficult to offer effective assistance if you don’t answer questions and you don’t give feedback about what happened when you followed each piece of advice.

28 minutes ago, Josie said:

Can I also do this similar art in affinity designer?

Affinity Designer isn’t really a good choice for anything that needs fancy brushwork.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I try to be part of the team, but every time I kick the ball at the goal I find the goalposts have been moved. O.o

Full time I think.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

1e53f4e398a2c278f4f560ff37b3473d.jpg

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

12 minutes ago, Josie said:

I don’t know how to paint

Knowledge of painting or how to apply it with a paint brush isn't that important in the digital world because any mistakes that are made can be easily rectified with a push of a button. There is a wide selection of brushes available to you in Affinity and the only way for you to get used to using them . . . is to actually use them to find out how they work!

Take me for instance. I am left handed and draw or write with my left hand, but on a computer I use my right hand with the mouse for all operations. I'm not a painter but I can still apply paint in a digital medium and so can you.

Take some time to learn, after all, it doesn't take much effect to select a brush and paint on an empty layer - a child could do that and I'm sure they regularly do just for the mess free fun of it all. As Alfred mentioned, it's hard to offer help to someone who is not providing feedback on advice which is given. So with that in mind I respectfully bow out of this thread and wish you all the luck with your learning curve.