You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colourful Cats (in Spacesuits) In Affinity Photo (split)

5 hours ago, Josie said:

I’m having trouble understanding how to cut out images in affinity photo on here and place them with other images. Please explain?

As an iPad user you should watch tutorial videos for the iPad apps. If you don’t understand part of the procedure, you’ll need to be specific about what’s puzzling you.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Josie said:

Already watched the video, just want to know how to put a cat in an astronaut suit?

To put a cat (or indeed anything) in a space suit, first find a suitable picture of each item. Then place the space suit on a layer above the cat pic, select the visor area and reduce its opacity so that you can see the cat peering out.

1 hour ago, Josie said:

By the way there should be more tutorials on how to do cat designs in affinity photo for iPad and designer for iPad.

Cat designs is a very niche market! Most tutorials try to be as generally applicable as possible.

Alfred spacer.png

You can do a lot of things using Affinity Photo - and putting cats in space suits is just one of them.

This is just a quick demo with colour adjustments made to the helmet, and for all other things. . .the sky is the limit.

cat.jpg

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

Watch this tutorial, it might explain better than mere words.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

2 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Not as far as astronauts are concerned! :D

Hmm. . .using Affinity in zero G, now there's a thought. :)

Is there any way that I can do designs with photos like these pictures without spending a lot of time using the erase tool all the time? Using photos and the gradient tools?

using the eraser tool is so time consuming 

99F5FA91-14B9-47AA-8A2D-9D88D9C30825.jpeg

7F995721-6D5D-4611-88C8-BF70AA40998C.png

10C8FCFE-A982-4EF0-8EF6-A7153D1963C7.jpeg

6AF3C26F-E4A5-44FE-A711-FC29CAC86B01.jpeg

E0E39287-F7E3-46B6-866F-548C8F1D6441.jpeg

D021FD57-7E28-496D-BD26-70710A5BD3CB.jpeg

Generally speaking, and to use a well known phrase, "what you put in is what you get out."

Most if not all the pictures you have put up here can be done in Photo - they can also be done in designer, too. If you already use designer (I don't) and are thinking about getting AP then you will have the best of both worlds at your creative disposal.

Can it be done quick? I guess so depending on the level of competence or knowledge of the medium in use.

And what exactly are you using the eraser tool for?

9 minutes ago, Josie said:

How would I do these designs in affinity photo or designer white the colors and all step by step?

Why are you repeatedly asking the same question and ignoring the advice previously offered? o.O

Please pick one sample image, use what you’ve learned from tutorial videos to try to reproduce the effect with one of your own images, and then post back when you get stuck.

Edited to add: I see that you mention Affinity Photo. Do you own a copy of it now, or are you merely considering a purchase?

Alfred spacer.png

40 minutes ago, Josie said:

I own both affinity photo and affinity designer

Thanks. Have you tried this yet? 

34 minutes ago, Josie said:

How would I change the gradient maps colors to different colors for these images  or any images?

2066CF63-C439-47F2-BD74-67EE40A89DBF.jpeg

410E13D3-D9E2-4D51-8520-2CD6E44AB63B.png

743429B0-F0D4-41CC-8D0B-DA5151E6F93F.png

Instead of messing around with gradient maps, try covering the pic with a coloured rectangle and changing the blend mode of the rectangle layer. You can do this in either AD or APh.

Alfred spacer.png

You can lead a horse to water. . . . . . . . .