You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am looking for a pencil or brush tool in Affinity Publisher.

Perhaps there will be one once the Designer and Photo Personas are enabled "... later in the Publisher Beta."

Nothing now.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I saw a pencil in one of the tutorial videos and wondered. 

Under "Stroke" one can vary line size, etc., but no way to get a line except make a very narrow rectangle or around shapes. 

My old desktop publishing program had texture to apply to lines with a line tool and a pencil.  I hope those can be integrated into Publisher.

3 hours ago, BugsJane said:

I saw a pencil in one of the tutorial videos and wondered. 

There was a pencil tool when the first betas came out but it was removed because Serif decided that it should not be a feature of Publisher.

no way to get a line

If you just want a straight line, you can do that with the pen tool.  In the normal mode, just click once on each end point then press escape to avoid creating additional line segments.  Alternatively, switch to line mode using the button on the context toolbar.

texture to apply to lines with a line tool and a pencil

Photo can do this on a pixel (raster) layer using the paintbrush tool, and Designer has a collection of brushes that can be applied to vector shapes (including lines).  Unknown outside of Serif at this time if either of these capabilities will be available in the other personas within Publisher.

• 4 weeks later...