You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.305 is closing

Hi, I'm having a problem with the program.

I open it through the start menu (or of a shortcut), it shows the splash screen, loads the main screen, but 2 seconds later it closes. 

I already uninstalled the old version and installed the new version, to try to solve it, it did not work.

publisher bug.gif

• Staff

@3darkman

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Please can you check task manager to see if a copy of Affinity Publisher is still running but failed to close correctly. If there is not you may need to start the program with CTRL pressed and held down to reset the user settings on the dialog that should appear.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Thanks for the info, sorry it didn't help. I will pass this ticket on, as I am now out of the office for a few weeks.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Additional information: after resetting all options with ctrl and restarting the PC, it reopens correctly  (more or less, because he just closed when I changed the paragraph style).

in any case, if it closes and I try to open it normally, it continues with the error. I need to once again reset the options and restart the PC to open it.

any ideas?

• Staff

Hi 3darkman,

When it gets back into a state of not running up could you go to %AppData%/Affinity/Publisher/1.0 (Beta)/ and zip up and attach a copy of the folder contents please? This will allow us to get a copy of your user settings and try them ourselves, and more imporantly we can pass the crash reports on to development.

Thanks

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.