You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please add Font Manager to Designer

A thing I really miss in Designer is the Font Manager that Publisher has. If I have a missing font in Designer, I don't get a full readout, only a small pop-up, and it is not possible to get detailed info what is missing. This is why I really need this, because even if it is not a layout application, I would use quite a lot of fonts in my design, so having an overview would help.

As this is already in Publisher this should not be too hard, right :-)

Also I noticed that font auto-activation from FontExplorer works quite well in Publisher, with fonts updated almost immediately, but in Designer the displayed replacement font does not automatically change and I have to close and re-open the document for it to properly display the fonts.

Serif does not make a habit of responding to feature requests.  They do sometimes, but not usually, as they have explained multiple times in many places throughout the forum, for multiple reasons which they have explained.  They do read them.

I can understand this, yet I hope they see the sense in my request. It is not a completely new feature, just porting a feature from one part of the suite to another. As these programs share the same codebase this should be quite doable. It is a feature which can be helpful to a lot of designer I think, so I hope they will consider it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about the font manager as I've not tested Publisher to any great extent. I'm having a similar problem with auto activation though using Suitcase. If I'm missing a font and open it in Suitcase the fonts in my document do not update. I have to reopen the document for them to display. Oddly though, If I create a new textbox and add new copy I can then select the proper font but text boxes that already had the "missing" font don't update.

I guess that's a bug then?

59 minutes ago, dcrosby said:

I don't know about the font manager as I've not tested Publisher to any great extent. I'm having a similar problem with auto activation though using Suitcase. If I'm missing a font and open it in Suitcase the fonts in my document do not update. I have to reopen the document for them to display. Oddly though, If I create a new textbox and add new copy I can then select the proper font but text boxes that already had the "missing" font don't update.

I guess that's a bug then?

Same problem with RightFont app. Autoactivation works ok but only updates when reopen the document.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.