You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I just downloaded the Beta, this is the first time I ever use an Affinity product, but I'm planning on buying them soon. I really liked publisher and all, but as of my first time using it, I found a few things missing that could benefit the user (I probably just missed some options for this, but still wanted to share).

- Text Wrap Preview: The only way to preview it is watching the text around an image for example move along when you increase the size of it, but it would be nice to have a little guide preview at all times around the image or graphic.

-Guides Manager | Margins: The guides manager is great but a little thing I noticed is the margins section, doesn't have a link option, so you have to enter each number individually, again, a little thing that could help.

-Hidden Characters: I just couldn't find a feature like this, if it is not there, I think it should because it's a great tool when working with a lot of text.

Edited by gustavomoralesbr

Text Wrap Preview: Agree with you.

Margins: You mean Spread Setup Margins? There is a link symbol right to the input fields.

Hidden Character: Menu Text -> Show Special Characters

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

On 5/7/2019 at 5:28 AM, gustavomoralesbr said:

- Text Wrap Preview: The only way to preview it is watching the text around an image for example move along when you increase the size of it, but it would be nice to have a little guide preview at all times around the image or graphic.

Yes please!

MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS 12.6.1 Monterey
Affinity Designer : 2.0  Affinity Photo: 2.0,   Affinity Publisher: 2.0

On 5/7/2019 at 1:40 AM, Joachim_L said:

Text Wrap Preview: Agree with you.

Margins: You mean Spread Setup Margins? There is a link symbol right to the input fields.

Hidden Character: Menu Text -> Show Special Characters

Thanks for answering! The spread setup does have the link symbol, but this is what I meant, from the Guides Manager:

Untitled.png

Yes, you are right. I missed that. I must admit, that I never used the guides configuration so far. But a good suggestion.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed