GetBissy

[Cannot Reproduce] Layers Panel Bug

MacBook Air 13 in. High Sierra OS. 4 GB of Ram. Affinity Designer version 1.6.1

I have been using affinity for 3 years now and have never had an issue like this. The Layers Panel has always been enabled for viewing, now it has disappeared. I first tried accessing it by grouping objects in an old document, right-clicking and selecting “Find in Layers Panel” which had no result. I then tried to open the layers panel through view>studio>layers which causes the layers panel to pop up but does not display any layers. Once I click back onto the artboard the program crashes. I have tried both methods with new documents as well. This happens consistently even after rebooting the program and rebooting my computer. 

Let me know if I can be more specific - thanks for the help. Steps are reflected in the attachements.

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.28.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.29.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.29.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.30.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.30.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 7.31.46 PM.png

Hi @GetBissy,

Can you please try to reset the app? 

You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video.

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Hey Gabe,

This worked like a charm! Thank you for your help. What exactly caused the issue - simply too much user data?