You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export to home location

I've been using Affinity Photo since it was released & it's excellent - so much so that I've finally discarded Photoshop.

However, one thing has bugged me since I've been using it & that is the export feature. If I open Affinity Photo & then select File/Open & select a photo, when I later go to Export it the export location is the same folder where the photo is originally stored. That's all well & good.

However, that's not the usual method I & many others employ. Normally I find a photo using File Explorer, right-click on it & select 'Open with' then select Affinity.

When you do it this way, later when exporting, Affinity seems to have no idea where the photo was located, so I have to manually select it's home location. This is a pain.

No other software I use does this, Photshop for example takes you directly to the photos home folder when saving.

Is there any chance that Affinity could do this?