You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash after start

Hi there,

my 305, yesterday installed, crashes right after start. It just ran 1 time: I've rebuild the main button bar with some new Buttons and tried out the pinning tool – by the way, that is an essential issue I need for my work. Great!

But 305 does not start anymore since then. Reparature shows no effect.

OS Windows Home, Build 1809. Until now no problems with earlier AfPub versions.

Regards, Ludger

Not sure what you mean by Reparature

But hold the CTRL key down and start Publisher again.

In the dialogue box that appears select all options and continue

Note: You will lose any customisation you have added/made to the app

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi Carl,

I meant an installation over the first one: in the upcoming dialogue one can choose between "reparature" and "Deinstallation" ...

But I've found the Problem: it's the WindowProfile.xml. Whenever I dock the new Pinning Studio dialogue to the left or to the right AfPub writes some new lines to the XML-file that cause the program to crash when I start the Publisher again. After deleting the lines in the XML-file AfPub starts normally again.

I've encountered no problems with a floating Pinning Studio dialogue.

Ludger

• Staff

Hi Ludger,

I can reproduce this and have logged it. Thanks for the additional investigation you did on finding what the cause of the crash was!

Thanks for reporting it.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe this has been addressed in the latest (#371) beta build. Please retest this behaviour.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.