You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyperlink bugs with Master pages and PDF export

Hi 

I think I nailed a problem down and now you boys can tackle this quirk.

After plenty of testing, I found a few inconsistencies with the hyperlink function.

1  When using a Master page with a text box, links are not showing up on the  Hyperlinks TAB list. 

2  Depending on the width of a text column hyperlink text many assume other adjacent links.

My example files attached would show this. The link for Rouge Waterfront uses the link for Beaches Boardwalk.

Within the program, it appears OK but upon exporting a PDF it changes and the links are messed up.

If you extend the text column wider and export a PDF again all is good.

I'm not sure what I can do tomorrow with the 100's of links needed on my Master pages?? hmmm

One last comment - for the sake of reducing the drudgery in putting links in I set up a hotkey to call up the Hyperlink Properties window.

It sure would be convenient to have in this window, the Hyperlink Type: drop down window be able to default to a preselected choice. Having to pull down all day this menu every time to pick URL is no fun.

Hope this was helpful feedback - Dan

Hyperlink test.afpub

hyper test.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @DNA0101,

Apologies for the late reply, the first issue you have reported should be solved in the latest beta.

I've exported your files in 337 and the hyperlinks seem to function as expected.

Can you let me know if you have any issues with this file in the current beta?

Thanks!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Thank Jon

That worked but not 100%o.O

I have been finishing a book project with ver.305...

So with some hesitation, I installed.337 and it does show in the Hyperlink menu links from the master pages.

But not from the child master pages built from the original master. (which is most of the book)

I do not have time to test anything more than that. 

On another note, this current version is a memory hog for me. I have 8GB ram and it's all used up.

Load the same file into the older .305 was 2 GB less.

AND now this Publisher program will not let me run the older version. :S I am screwed!

Hi Jon

I uploaded a portion of the book layout for you to test.  There are enough pages to get to the problems.

Hyperlink Tab only some links are shown. None from child Master pages. (any of the trail reviews in the layout)  And is the other bug I mentioned at the beginning of this thread were with separate hyperlink sharing adjacent links when output as a PDF. (notably on the pages with Similiar Trails)

2 Having a paragraph justification issue, not sure it is a bug or a setting I missed. Random lines have returns much too soon. Words should and could fit on the next line up but they are not placed there. To fix I would delete the space between the words and add it back. Poof word(s) move up to proper justification. Why this happens?? Was it my text import from RTF Word files that had stray editor markup??

3 The latest version of Pub.  is a memory hog with older files that I do a Save As. RAM jumps from 3GB to 7GB when this file is loaded.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.