You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Linked Designer files to Master doesn't update in spreads

26 minutes ago, FilipK said:

Didn't help. Afdesign document is linked and automatically update is checked, but after changing page of afdesign document in master, change is not visible in spreads.

That is very odd. Same thing here on Mac with Designer beta 1.7.0.11 and Publisher beta 1.7.0.305.

The master page is done correctly but the Spreads don't update.

After some more messing about adding pages them it seems to work okay only if you get to adding a new double page spread for that spread only. It then messes up if you change the artboard and add a single page. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 5/7/2019 at 10:59 PM, Old Bruce said:

That is very odd. Same thing here on Mac with Designer beta 1.7.0.11 and Publisher beta 1.7.0.305.

The master page is done correctly but the Spreads don't update.

After some more messing about adding pages them it seems to work okay only if you get to adding a new double page spread for that spread only. It then messes up if you change the artboard and add a single page. 

I solved it by choosing artboard, cutting and paste afdesign document back and every time I needed I had to repeat this approach. Publisher updated all spreads linked to this master. I used it in non-facing pages, but hopefully Serif will solve this for facing spreads too. :) 

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

(for new documents) We believe this issue has been fixed in 1.8.0 [beta currently available]

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.