You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

When I transform a smooth node into a sharp node, the curve changes. Is it possible to transform a smooth node into a sharp node without changing the curve? (CtrlAlt + Backspace key does not work very well). This is needed when working on complex shapes - transforming a smooth node into a sharp one - it improves the refined section of the curve.

Why is there only one shortcut to transform a node? (Alt + RMB)

Justyna, okay maybe I haven't had enough coffee so far this morning, but I'm having trouble understanding your meaning.  As shown in this image i don't see how a smooth node could be converted into a sharp node without causing re curve to change.  With a sharp node there wouldn't be a curve, wouldn't it be just straight lines?  Can you explain further?  Maybe add a drawing.

2098084831_ScreenShot2019-05-05at10_45_32AM.png.aae99fa6295a33a3dc0f71b65893c01a.png

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Thanks for the pictures.  I've used Inkscape very very little, but I'm surprised these would be considered sharp nodes.  Their definition must be different from what I have for a sharp node.  To me a sharp node has only straight lines coming into and leaving the node.  I don't see how it's possible to have a bezier curve between two sharp nodes.  Just for my curiosity, how does one specify in Inkscape where the path is to go between the nodes?  Would this be a spline curve.  Again I have little experience with spline curves.  Sorry I can't help you.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

You have to use the node tool and option click on the node handles, then you can use the node handles to independently move the curve handles.

108739640_ScreenShot2019-05-05at12_13_43PM.png.3e6ea6ce183534e2db5d5caeaa66f996.png

Done with Designer 1.6.1

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

If I draw a shape, it often has smooth nodes by default.  If I plan to modify it - I change the node into a sharp one and change the curve only on one side of the node - at this time the other side of the node remains unmodified. It speeds up the work - it does not destroy the curve that already exists - I modify the segment only the one I want. it is very comfortable

fff4.jpg

Old Bruce

I can change the types of nodes.

My point is that the swap is swept into a sharp knot that deforms the shape - I do not want it. I want to determine what node is in a given place - and this is what I see during the curve modification, the program itself changes nodes, for example, sharp to smooth. I miss quick keyboard shortcut to change knots - sharp to smooth

11 minutes ago, Justyna said:

I can change the types of nodes

Don't convert any of the smooth/bezier curve nodes. 

Using the node tool select the node, use the option/alt key to drag the handles.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.