You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

copying and pasting in new place (AD)

it is possible in Affinity Designer? Copying the object and pasting it in place under the cursor. (for example, when I want to arrange 50 leaves on a tree)

I draw many illustrations where the free arrangement of elements is needed. In other programs, when I paste an object, it pastes into the cursor location by default. It is very necessary.

Perhaps tool like Spray or special brush?

I haven't been able to get that to work. Oddly you can place something under the cursor but I doubt that is what you want.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hello Justyna,

To create copies you can press the "Ctrl/Cmd" key, click on the object to reproduce and drag it to the desired location while keeping the left mouse button pressed, then release the keyboard key and the mouse button.

Thanks for reply

I know how to copy in Affinity. I'm not asking about it. I mainly want to paste it in place under the cursor without unnecessarily moving the element. Just as it happens by default in Inkscape, Corel, Photoshop …

Paste in the place under the cursor in many cases speeds up the work for me.

As the answer to your question was negative, I was just proposing an alternative solution and rest assured, I will no longer answer next to a question, this is my last intervention on the forum, thank you.

Justyna, AD tries to match the location of the original, if it's still on the screen.  No way around this.  If you can zoom so the original is not on the screen, then it tries to maintain the original X or Y screen position.  if neither the X or Y positions can be maintained then it will place the copy in the center of the screen.  When doing something like you are suggesting the only way i have found to sort of get it to work is to place the original way off from where I want the copies, then zoom and pan to place the destination in the center of the screen.  Not real accurate placement though, but a short drag to correct it. 

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Reglico ok this is a solution but difficult to use for small objects. And definitely slower than what other programs suggest. I am at the stage of getting to know Affinity and I am trying to find the fastest ways to work.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.