You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm using a version of Designer from 1 year ago version 1.6.1. Publisher has a "check for updates" option. I'm looking to update Designer, but I can't find where the 'updates' option is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

If you're using the Mac Version, the updates are dealt with through the app store.

Don't worry though, you are running the most current official version.

There's beta (preview) version for 1.7 here in the forums; When Serif and willing users have tested it sufficiently it will release together with the first finalised version of Publisher -- I'm sure everyone will hear and read and swoon about it (big update, exciting update, Grrreeaat update) and you simply won't be able to miss it. :)

Hello kdog3682,

Designer does not have the "check for updates" option (at least for Windows). If a new version is available, a message is displayed
when the software is launched, you can then download and install it.

In addition, to know everything about the different current versions on each platform, take a look here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/71071-latest-affinity-releases-on-each-platform-by-store/

The information is updated each time the applications are updated.

56 minutes ago, reglico said:

Designer does not have the "check for updates" option (at least for Windows).

I believe the Mac App Store can be set to deliver updates automatically.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

5 hours ago, Alfred said:

I believe the Mac App Store can be set to deliver updates automatically.

Yes, there is a System Preference that can be set to download updates in the background & then notify the user when it is ready to be installed. There is also one to automatically install updates after they are downloaded as well.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7