You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

The attached designer piece has 4 circles of identical size but 4 different colors and angles. The attempt is to layer them perfectly upon each other, yet there is just enough wrong to cause a 'tear' on the outside edge for part of it when I export it. The non-overlapping parts show on the original art, and they show in a large TIFF and a small PNG.TriCircNuPNG1024.thumb.png.7fe88c9fff5e9e0db5f50d10a4a35768.png

I have remade the circles and tried all kinds of things to make them actually perfect. I am hoping someone will have a suggestion. The final art will be a TIFF at 4K screen, though it might go to 8K. 

Thanks for any thoughts.

TriCircNu.afdesign

Try applying a radial transparency and moving the mid slider as close to the white circle edge as it will go.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-05-at-08-43-20.png

Screen-Shot-2019-05-05-at-08-41-44.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Many thanks to you both. I'll try both suggestions soon – I messed with triangle creation, and realize my skills on making the color flow is going to take a bunch of research and practice. I must have just lucked into getting as far as I did.

Just when I think that I know a bunch, I realize I am just beginning.

Thanks again. This is a good re-start.

I still have to work out the anomalies to make the blends right. There is a bit more hot spotting, which I had worked out before by pure trial and trial and error (and error). But at least I know how to work with the transparency tool better.  

I still have to figure out how to separate the triangle colors so they don't influence the ball colors. ...a layer inserted in between perhaps...perhaps it is that there is some details that I have to learn about blend modes.

There was still a very slight position difference with the red circle, even though these were all clones of each other. I've messed with it and need to mess with it again since things are now a bit out of whack...(not on this low resolution png, but the actual TIFF shows it as a tear.)

But I didn't want to let time go by without another note of thanks to firstdefence and >|<. 

TriCircNu3.afdesign

TriCircNu3PNG1024_709.png