You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher failed update and wont uninstall...

Im getting into some sticky mud here.

I'm the technincal administrator of an architectural office in Norway.
I am advocating for the use of affinity products instead of Adobe after using your apps privately and finding it a positive experience.

So we are trying to evaluate using Affinity Publisher at our office and everybody is trying it out, but today it did not want to open, saying a usual "the beta is too old, download the new one...".

I downloaded the newest beta but upon running it says "Setup Failed"...
I then repooted, ran as admin but nothing works.
Now I wish to get rid of the program on our system but it cant uninstall saying "Another program is being installed"...

I now have everybody else who use Affinity at our office staring down my neck asking me how to solve this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I feel as if im well into a deadend here...
I have attached the failed setup log files.

Setup.log

SetupUI.log

Just wanted to let you know that it is a Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK, so Affinity staff will not official be at work until Tuesday. 

Your error message is coming from Windows rather than affinity publisher. A Google search for the error message should provide solutions, as this is something that has plagued all versions of Windows for many years. 

From memory you need to kill the general installer process via the task manager. 

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Alright, an update on this issue.
Its seems that the problem with both isssues has something to do with windows doing update installing in the background.

To solve the issues I opened windows update and made sure it installed alle latest updates and then restarted the machine. After making sure no update / installing process was runnning on the machine I uninstalled Publisher Beta and installed from the newest installer on the forums.

It seems to have solved the issue. I will update this if any further issues arise but so far so good...

Glad you've made progress - Window's timing of updates can cause all manner of issues!

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.