You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta (1.2.0.24974)

• Staff

Great about the Z-Depth feature. But still, what about the canvas rotate. Last time I heard the code was already there but not yet implemented in the main trunk. Infos please ....

Hi Smolli,

Yes, the code to rotate the canvas is there and works - the tools work, the view works... However it has a return statement at the top of the rotate gesture to stop it being called... This is because it still needs work to finalise the smaller bits and I have been too busy getting everything else done to finish this yet. I do plan to do it, and it's now reaching the top of my list, but it's still beneath a number of other things I'm currently doing for Photo and also beneath sorting out the boolean geometry operations properly - these are things which impact everyone and cannot be worked around, so they must take priority.

Hope you can understand the reasoning behind the order in which we attack things - it's not because it's not important, it's just because some other things are more in need of attention first and there's only so much I can get done every day :)

Thanks,

Matt

• Staff

Hi Kevin,

Yes, unless there is a specific need to disable a feature then by default it will appear in all our products. There is an obvious question regarding canvas rotation when you get to Publisher - is it a desirable/expected feature in a page layout program? But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it... ;)

Thanks,

Matt

I agree Matt. I'd say not as likely expected in a page layout program... maybe a flip horizontal/vertical to check your composition but I see the rotate feature as more of an aid to painting and drawing as it would be for natural media on paper or canvas i.e.: pencil, paint etc...

Hi Matt,

thank you very much for your thorough reply.

Of course I can wait some more.

Rotating the canvas is very important when drawing with a simple wacom. So, it would be very nice to have it in every program where it is possible to draw freely. Like retrograde said, it's a big help when drawing. I have to rotate something, either a sheet of paper or a canvas. Rotating my wacom doesn't help me very much :)

Wow - I am blown away with this app. Whenever I try to do something, it is easy to find and easy to use. And, a lot easier than much more expensive products. Great to see so many issues addressed so quickly. Keep going guys!!!! 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.