You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta (1.2.0.24974)

• Staff

Purpose: Features / Improvements / Fixes

Requirements: None

Mac App Store: Not submitted

New beta sign-ups: https://affinity.serif.com/photo

Update: Run the app to get the link

Features / Improvements / Fixes

- Gradient tool now works on pixels layers, masks, adjustments, live filter layers.

- ABR brush import!
- Improved PSD import including support for reading in guides!
- New Z-Map blur filter.
- Develop WB is now in Kelvin, defaults to “As Shot”.
- Develop has an assistant - to control what is automatically applied.
- Double-click a slider to reset it in Develop Persona.
- Edit -> Paste FX.
- Added Hue range support to HSL adjustment and also option to enable HSV
- Curves, Levels and Channel Mixer offer alpha channel support.
- 32bit Greyscale TIFF import.
- Crop tool improvements.
- HSL adjustments fixes and improvements.
- PSD Export improvements.
- Improved TIFF export.
- Colour panel sliders can now be set to edit values in 8bit, 16bit or percentage
- Fix for incorrect rendering of AI/PDF imported objects with blend modes and passthrough option
- Hide the tool UI during numerous interactions (stroke width, layer effect interaction)
- Added support for cmap table format2, used by Asian languages. Also added support for most Apple text encodings to all the cmap formats
- Fix for numerous strange Zoom Tool and View Tool consistency issues
- Fix for embedded documents not correctly honouring the option to ‘prefer aspect ratio locked resize’ in the same way other images do
- Context menu in Layers panel now includes ‘Rasterise…’
- Fix for colour buttons in ‘box’ colour controls not drawing correctly for the current profile
- Fix for loading certain optimised PNGs
- Fix for miscellaneous problems with the Open Recent menu item
- Added label-dragging of text fields to adjust the value in the field
- Fix for not being able to cut/copy/paste in certain text fields in the application
- Improved PSD export file size and support for writing out guides
- Changed Text Tool logic - Escape now deselects the current object if there is no text selection highlight but remains in the Text Tool
- Improved vector file import of curves - they should now have useful curve node types automatically set in order to help with re-editing them
- Fix for unexpected behaviour of frame text objects at certain angles
- Changed the default for ‘Text in Points’ to be enabled
- Improved EPS import
- Fill/Stroke context toolbar flyouts now support noise/opacity slider for colours
- Improved user experience of ‘Open in Affinity Designer’ - no longer requires a previously saved document so should be more transparent
- Improved PDF import of opacity on bitmap fills
- Fix for non-square textures being stretched when used in raster brushes
- Improved RTF import - fixes a bug seen by pasting certain characters from a Microsoft Word table
- SVG import improved to include ‘symbol’ tag support
- Fix for sliders not automatically disappearing when activated and used through one mouse down -> drag procedure
- Added default page setups for iPhone 6 Plus documents and Apple Watch (38mm and 42mm). Cmd+8 should show you the correct physical size of the device's screen on your display
- Fix for PDF export of lines with miter join type causing unnecessary line expansion
- Fix for boolean operations involving text only considering the first character in the result!
- Added ability to switch views by using Cmd+`
- Forced our popup panels to always appear on top of other UI
- Improved SVG export file size
- Improved on-document object selection logic
- Fix for intermittent crash coming out of Separated mode
- Miscellaneous other tweaks and improvements

I downloaded the beta dmg a while ago, but was too busy to install. I just installed it but when I launch it says the beta has expired and offers a download link to latest version. But the link goes to the Affinity Designer forum. I went to the Photo beta download page, but it only offers a new register option.

Is there no way to update the install or get a new beta?

Great updates.

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Could anyone can tell me how to use this feature?

1.cmd+`

And a feature has a bug

- Fill/Stroke context toolbar flyouts now support noise/opacity slider for colours

I can't, it only change in the panel not select range.

Thx a lot!

Thankyou for the  new update, You fixed a lot.

I`m from Germany, but the explications of the icons are still in english, only the moue points are in german.

When will you fix it?

Thankyou for an answer

• Staff

Could anyone can tell me how to use this feature?

1.cmd+`

And a feature has a bug

I can't, it only change in the panel not select range.

Thx a lot!

Hello JerryLin, 

Cmd + ` only works for Separated mode (Window -> Separated Mode). In regular mode use ctrl+tab to change views instead.

I'm not sure i understood your second question:

This point refers to the ability to toggle between noise and alpha in the Fill and Stroke flyouts panels on the context toolbar (see image below).

Earlier this was only possible in the Color panel on the right of the interface. Now you can do it through the context toolbar too.

post-59-0-09561500-1430654239_thumb.png

Hello JerryLin, 

Cmd + ` only works for Separated mode (Window -> Separated Mode). In regular mode use ctrl+tab to change views instead.

I'm not sure i understood your second question:

This point refers to the ability to toggle between noise and alpha in the Fill and Stroke flyouts panels on the context toolbar (see image below).

Earlier this was only possible in the Color panel on the right of the interface. Now you can do it through the context toolbar too.

attachicon.gifhttp://tinypic.com/r/2qknkpi/8

Thanks !!!

On the Z-Blur front, what's the plan for this filter? I'd love to see it rolled into the lens blur with a few more options:

• Selecting a channel from the current image
  • The ability to move the focal plane and focal point
  • A few more in tool adjustments, not all depth passes will come in with the full 0-1 values so maybe an inline option to move the black and white points.

It's a start though and overall a really good beta :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.