You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

WISH?? entire TOC clickable in PDF - not only Page Number

Is there any way to get the entire line to be clickable? Only clicking Numbers is very uncomfortable, some readers are not interested which page, they just want to click on the topic while reading the PDF and get directed to it. I am scratching my Head to pieces over this trying to format the entire line to function as such. Looking at Text Styles having the Page Numbers selected I see that they contain a Hyperlink.

44571396_Bildschirmfoto2019-05-04um14_17_53.png.b5e23f1e07aeb4a491928381eb745d03.png

but when i select the Titles in the TOC then it shows me this

316910022_Bildschirmfoto2019-05-04um14_17_20.png.754b00a566b53f45fb2d815702575413.png

so since it already shows up i assume it might be anyhow possible? And if, why is it not automatically so - and if why is it so difficult and anti-intuitive to find it? And if NOT then please guys implement that as an option. Clicking Pager Numbers only is a real bummer... Indesign creates the entire line to be clickable.

Just now I was seriously considering Publisher to replace Indesign. But editing large very complex Documents for very picky customers, I cant deliver a PDF with a large TOC which does not work the usual way..

I have gotten it to do it but, the only way I have gotten it to work is to make every line in the TOC the link. If you update the links or when you export to pdf and check the box that says to update the TOC it all goes away.  I posted as a bug many months ago but, no change. Each time a new version comes out I check to see if it has been done.

thanks @somewhereinusa for responding. did you get any response towards it? got a link to your bug report? obviously its still a beta, but for me this feature would be a neck breaker having to link every word manually. dont even want to know how to do it, then i rather not use publisher.. still would be nice having at least some sort of statement towards any intentions of repairing it.

10 hours ago, somewhereinusa said:

make every line in the TOC the link

can you explain in a few handsome steps how you process that? i also found some workaround by copying the unformatted word with cmd alt shift v next to the page number, it then assimilates the hyperlink, copying it then back to the front or wherever it still keeps those properties, but even this is tedious work for a huge TOC..

I haven't played with it for a while and I can't find my original post. I'll see if I can  reproduce it but, since spring is here I don't have much computer time available. Here's a work in progress that has links like I am talking about. If you export to PDF and click ignore and continue the resulting PDF works as required. If you click fix and continue the page numbers still work but the written links are removed. 

That means you have to manually link everything and never update links. If you add a page there is no way to update the TOC without loosing all of your work.

NewManualDemo.afpub

that means that we have to wait until somebody from the staff curious and qualified enough to check over this shows up. a short note or short response, yes we do, no we dont because.. would be interesting. seems to be a bit rare around here... come on guys.. i like publisher, make that happen pls.

• 2 weeks later...