You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Replace image in affinity designer for the iPad

• Staff

Hi Getxoblues,

Welcome to the forums.

The Replace Image option is not included in the iPad version of Affinity Designer or Photo, this has been passed over to the developers to look into.

Thanks for your answer, i was looking forward to using the iPad version, wich i love, for editing some files i have created in the desktop version. Changing exiting images for new ones is a recurring task, so that feature will be very appreciated. 

Keep going, Affinity Designer is an impressive piece of software!,

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, I really need this! Trying to work with .afpackage files (from Affinity Publisher) that are imported into Affinity Designer and it doesn‘t let me replace missing images (some image file names had to be renamed in the process in order for the iPad to find linked images). So even if go through individual pages, it doesn’t let me manually replace those missing files. Would be a huge help, if Serif could add the „replace images“ function in the next update for ipad 😬

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, cinemachine said:

I also REALLY need this valuable feature and am sad to see the developers still haven’t included it over two years later 🙁

A possible workaround could be to use 'Place' to insert a replacement image. You would however  need to manually edit the new images placement  (I’m assuming Replace does this automatically - I don’t have desktop to compare).

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
11 hours ago, KenBot said:

Still looking for this feature. Is there somewhere else we should summit issues/commits/requests?

Requests go in the appropriate part of the Feature Requests & Suggestions forum. Please read the instructions at the top, and consider searching there for an existing request before adding your own.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Nixerman said:

Hello, it’s Oct 2023, and sadly it’s still not implemented. 😭

Yes, it has been implemented.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

5 minutes ago, Affinity-Inspiration said:

Can I join in here. My copy of the beta doesn’t have the little > next to the image.

A screenshot would be useful.

-- Walt
PC:

1 minute ago, Affinity-Inspiration said:

Done

Thanks. You're in the Layers studio, not the Resource Manager.

-- Walt
PC:

On 10/30/2023 at 7:59 PM, walt.farrell said:

Yes, it has been implemented.

Thank you for this! 🙏🏻
Why would they even hide it there? Replace Image under ‘Import’ would have helped too. Or at least, a Check Box on the dialog box when importing just like in Illustrator.

Still thanks a ton for this help.

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC: