Sign in to follow this  
grassi3000

Radial gradient import

Hi,

I just tried out my Trial for Designer and ran into a problem with objects having radial gradients when imported from my student version of Illustrator (CS 5.1, .ai file format).

See the attached images for the comparison between the mac Preview and the imported .ai file in Designer. Is this a known bug?

Unfortunately this issue prevents me from purchasing the full version of Designer.

Thanks a lot!

Herbert

post-10780-0-90617800-1430498847_thumb.png

post-10780-0-15817100-1430498854_thumb.png

Hi, Herbert. Thanks for trying our product.

Are you sure it is a radial fill that is going wrong, rather than, say, a mesh fill? We don't currently support mesh fills. We do support radial fills, so if it is one of those could you attach an example .ai file so I can look into it? I just created a simple example myself in the current version of Illustrator, and it worked fine, so there may be something different about your file.

Thanks for emailing me an example. There was indeed a bug. The radial gradients in the file blend between circles that have different centres. Affinity radial gradients only support a single centre. The import code was going complete wrong in this case, and not producing a radial gradient at all. I've fixed it to use the average of the two centres. The result now looks much closer to how it should.

Thanks for taking a look at it! Does that mean the fix will be included in the next update? Any chance you could post how it looks like using the averaging solution?

Herbert