You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Move back tool

Either draw an unfilled triangle shape in a flashy neon color, widen the rounded line ends stroke (contour) and apply some FX effect (outer glow etc.), or reuse some already by others made  style ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

2 minutes ago, Josie said:

How do I make an alien cat out of this?

Untitled.svg

Give it some whiskers, a pair of ears, a body and a tail. :)

1 minute ago, Josie said:

How do I do the cats is that just masking?

How do you do which cats?? Please, please, please choose one project, give it your best shot, and then post your *.afphoto or *.afdesign file together with a brief description of what you’re struggling to do next.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

21 minutes ago, Josie said:

How do I use the liquify tool to make The image look like the cats in the blankets?

Draw some horizontal lines, switch to the Liquify persona and experiment!

Also how do I make a alien cat with the eyes?

At the risk of stating the obvious, start with a cat picture and add lots of extra eyes.

Alfred spacer.png

When you try to leave the Liquify Persona after making changes, you get (or you should get!) a warning about uncommitted changes.

Alfred spacer.png

As said before, those cat bedcovers there seem to be just made out of a bunch of colored horizontal and one vertical line grouped together. So they look similar to a pattern/hatch rectangular area, which is easy to make with the rectangle tool and the APh's power duplicate shortcut here. Afterwards merge all the rectangle layers afterwards together, so you have one object layer for such a bedcover. You can reuse a single made one and recolor the whole one then.

For the liquify tool I don't know how it is exactly implemented on the iPad to be used or operate there, but it shouldn't be that hard to try and find out. On the APh desktop version you have to switch over to the Liquify Persona, make your adjustments and afterwards press a button to take over or abbort any made changes in that persona.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Depends on how you define the term distortion. The liquify effect distorts the horiz lines here via a dragable mesh (grid).

1 hour ago, Josie said:

When I use any kind of shutterstock image affinity photo crashes on me. Is there any way that you can fix that?

This should be posted as a bug report in its own thread rather than being buried in a rambling discussion about cat pictures.

Alfred spacer.png

For those who don't want to redraw or trace simple images by hand, using a vectorization/tracing tool might be another option then. It often is also helpful for making certain bitmap images reusable as vector drawings then by converting those bitmaps into vectors.

katzen_kopf.png.96bbdd7887dc42f56a8e92cece614c94.png

2 hours ago, Josie said:

I think affinity designer and photo should have hex codes and they don’t. Makes the app very difficult to work with.

How, in what way?

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Because I sell online at redbubble and when I try to copy and paste a color into the affinity apps I can’t because there are no hex codes to do it and to be successful.

i also watched a video on it