lulgi

Draging out a new text frame in Designer hangs program

While working on a flyer and making text corrections and formatting changes, Affinity Designer frequently hangs when trying to drag create a new text frame.  At that point nothing in the program works.

Sometimes after a long wait the program will catch up, sometimes a reboot is needed losing all interim changes since the last auto save.

Any suggestion ideas are appreciated,

lulgi

Hi Gabe,

I have been working on a 2-sided flyer; each file being a separate file.

This has happened on both. It does seem to happen after a lot of intensive type adjustments. That is to say, the more adjustments such as point, leading, leading override, tracking, etc., then the next new text frame I draw MAY hang. It has happened more to the side with the most type.

My computer is powerful ( core i7 w/ 16 GB RAM,) but perhaps you may suggest a memory allocation adjustment?

Can you provide us with a project file so we can investigate this? Can you also try this in the latest beta and see if you can still replicate it? 

Hey, sorry this has been hanging.
I was able to resolve all problems and move forward with the project(s) successfully.
Thanks for your help!
P.