Yep, they're testing the increase anyway.

It may be only a matter of time if the single application and the full-boat subscriptions also increase. I suspect it will depend on the success of the Photographer bundle increase.

It also may be that subscriptions are flattening out for too long as regards investors. Seems they always like an upward trend...

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Oh dear, looks like Adobe really does want to take over the world.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

10 minutes ago, Fixx said:

For most it is still old price (12.39€)

Hmm ... tough choice! whistling.gif

CBEA265A-2470-4147-882F-DB2C08933549.jpeg

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

I dropped my Adobe because it's really a lease. That would be like Apple and Microsoft made you pay monthly premium to use your computer or you auto maker charging you a fee too use the car after you payed for it. I still use my old Light room before they started charging. I just wish everyone would drop photo shop. I under stand if they would come out with new technology and sold a new version. I don't use any cloud service. Reason 1 is I don't trust anyone with my photos. I backup my photos on my own backup drive. Drive is payed for plus it's cheaper than paying out the money every month. I just feel when you buy something it's yours. I bought my Nikon D850 and Nikon isn't charging me a monthly fee.

8 minutes ago, Magi said:

I don't use any cloud service. Reason 1 is I don't trust anyone with my photos. I backup my photos on my own backup drive.

You need an off-site backup somewhere, one burglary or fire and your life/work/business gets reset to zero.

Don't be that idiot that did not backup his stuff properly. 

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Who would think of taking a safe in a robbery?

a.) Nobody

b) A burglar

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Well I can only admire your diligence, taking your external backup drive down to the basement and locking it in your 550lb safe every time you go to bed or leave the house/office

With my luck the one time I forgot I would be burgled and the burglar would then set fire to my house!!!

Since I don't have a basement or room for a 550lb safe (seriously, who does?) I guess I will just have to stick to cloud backups

1 hour ago, Magi said:

That would be like Apple and Microsoft made you pay monthly premium to use your computer

I believe Microsoft have considered a subscription system for Windows. (Stop paying and your computer stops working!) :/

2 minutes ago, Magi said:

well my office is in the basement, plus I can unplug my drive and reach over and put it in the safe at days end.

I just don't trust clouds, they tend to rain on parades.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.0 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.384 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.1.138 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.14

There are other computer operating systems out there Linux, android, and a few underground operating software. Plus if you buy your soft ware retail and partion you drive to boot into which ever operating system you wish to use new or old DOS Win 95, Win98, win98se, ect., ect., ect.

I will tell you not to trust an SSD drive because if they fail it's over. I always back up every month to DVD or Blu-ray.

4 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I just don't trust clouds, they tend to rain on parades.

and some basements have been known to flood.  Water has a pesky way of settling in the lower levels first

But I guess those with 550lb safes in their basements also have 550psi pumps

Anyway, time for beers, let us all pray it does not rain this (UK) bank holiday

I usually store my DVD/Blu-rays at the bank in my safety deposit box. There are ways can get out from underneath (THE MAN). And yes I go to the bank every payday so it's not a special trip.

I managed a department's digital resources. I had triple duplicates made every 90 minutes to different machines in different fire protected zones. The fellow that took over from me contracted for off site encrypted in addition.

For myself, storage is now so ridiculously cheap, and my cloud connection so hideously slow and until recently unreliable, that a handful of SD cards squirreled away in various places does the job. As a BTW, I'm going to wipe out an old snowball iMac before recycling, and the HD on that is stores less than the SD card plugged into my current machine.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

6 minutes ago, gdenby said:

triple duplicates

Is that triplicates or sextuplicates? ears.gif

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)