You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adobe doubles subscription price

7 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Is that triplicates or sextuplicates? ears.gif

Erm, a duplicate thrice fold. Actually, the original, and 3 others, so 4 copies available, 1 at 90 min interval, 1 noon and night, 1 each mid-morning, which is what I used to review the data entry integrity of the previous days work.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

I'm proud of you guys AND gals for you taking responsibility for your own property lives and so on. I can't believe that some people are so worried about saving on line, but then leave their equipment out for thief or fire. I lock, backup and store my camera, software and, photos in my safe when not in use. I can't trust any company that stores my info, because as honest as the company maybe there is always someone who works for that company that is not honest.My brother-in-law (I wont say who he works for ,but he has dealt with some government security) and well I say don't trust anyone.

According to the MacRumors article on the price hike, Adobe is 'testing' this & several other plan options, & not all site visitors may see the same ones. The US $20/month Photography plan includes 1 TB of cloud storage vs. 20 GB for the $10 one, so I suppose some users who rely on cloud photo storage will see that as a reasonable alternative to other cloud services that charge about the same for 1 TB.

Also, several of the comments mention Affinity as an alternative.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

After using Affinity and CapturOne, now I am really ready to abandon the whole Adobe apps... I have seen videos on Youtube how Adobe Photo-shop editor literately "muddy" your images compare to these new image editors.

Actually Adobe started the subscription service at $20 a month when they first launched it.

Prosumers were so mad that Adobe then reduced the price to $10.

If enough people complain and point out that they don't care about the cloud storage hopefully Adobe will see the light.

I haven't tried Affinity but I have a large collection of plugins that I use so until Affinity supports PS compatible plugins switching would be painful.

But I agree that $20 a month for a product that rarely introduces new features that I need is ridiculous.

On 5/3/2019 at 12:32 PM, carl123 said:

Since I don't have a basement or room for a 550lb safe (seriously, who does?) I guess I will just have to stick to cloud backups

I've got a basement with more than enough room for a safe that size, but...I...I don't like going down there. It smells musty, and though I have no idea how, sometimes possums manage to get in. Plus, it looks like a set for a snuff film.

It's a pretty unpleasant place overall. I'd rather just go with my NAS and cloud setup for backing up my data.

4 minutes ago, Renzatic said:

I don't like going down there. It smells musty, and though I have no idea how, sometimes possums manage to get in. 

You should find out how they are getting in sooner rather than later and fix it.

Or one night you're going to wake up to a possum sized axe murderer at the end of your bed

chucky6.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

19 minutes ago, Renzatic said:

I have no idea how, sometimes possums manage to get in.

Possums waiting... Don't... Open... The... Bag... Muhahahaha!
possum.thumb.jpg.4ac934b2303f9c7383ef7f450319720e.jpg

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

4 minutes ago, carl123 said:

You should find out how they are getting in sooner rather than later and fix it.

Or one night you're going to wake up to a possum sized axe murderer at the end of your bed

To get semi-serious for a second, I did find out how that possum managed to get into the basement (nothing dramatic, just one of the grates coming loose from its frame), but explaining that to everyone would've robbed the story of its carefully built suspense.