You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adobe doubles subscription price

An interesting snippet of information:

Adobe has doubled the subscription price for Photoshop and Lightroom.

It's 100% increase on previous price offering.

https://macdailynews.com/2019/05/02/adobe-doubles-the-price-of-its-creative-cloud-plan-for-photoshop-and-lightroom/

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Yep, they're testing the increase anyway.

It may be only a matter of time if the single application and the full-boat subscriptions also increase. I suspect it will depend on the success of the Photographer bundle increase.

It also may be that subscriptions are flattening out for too long as regards investors. Seems they always like an upward trend...

Oh dear, looks like Adobe really does want to take over the world.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

10 minutes ago, Fixx said:

For most it is still old price (12.39€)

Hmm ... tough choice! whistling.gif

CBEA265A-2470-4147-882F-DB2C08933549.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

17 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Seems they always like an upward trend...

The only way is up (baby). :)

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

I dropped my Adobe because it's really a lease. That would be like Apple and Microsoft made you pay monthly premium to use your computer or you auto maker charging you a fee too use the car after you payed for it. I still use my old Light room before they started charging. I just wish everyone would drop photo shop. I under stand if they would come out with new technology and sold a new version. I don't use any cloud service. Reason 1 is I don't trust anyone with my photos. I backup my photos on my own backup drive. Drive is payed for plus it's cheaper than paying out the money every month. I just feel when you buy something it's yours. I bought my Nikon D850 and Nikon isn't charging me a monthly fee.

8 minutes ago, Magi said:

I don't use any cloud service. Reason 1 is I don't trust anyone with my photos. I backup my photos on my own backup drive.

You need an off-site backup somewhere, one burglary or fire and your life/work/business gets reset to zero.

Don't be that idiot that did not backup his stuff properly. 

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Who would think of taking a safe in a robbery?

a.) Nobody

b) A burglar

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Well I can only admire your diligence, taking your external backup drive down to the basement and locking it in your 550lb safe every time you go to bed or leave the house/office

With my luck the one time I forgot I would be burgled and the burglar would then set fire to my house!!!

Since I don't have a basement or room for a 550lb safe (seriously, who does?) I guess I will just have to stick to cloud backups

1 hour ago, Magi said:

That would be like Apple and Microsoft made you pay monthly premium to use your computer

I believe Microsoft have considered a subscription system for Windows. (Stop paying and your computer stops working!) :/

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

2 minutes ago, Magi said:

well my office is in the basement, plus I can unplug my drive and reach over and put it in the safe at days end.

I just don't trust clouds, they tend to rain on parades.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

There are other computer operating systems out there Linux, android, and a few underground operating software. Plus if you buy your soft ware retail and partion you drive to boot into which ever operating system you wish to use new or old DOS Win 95, Win98, win98se, ect., ect., ect.

4 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I just don't trust clouds, they tend to rain on parades.

and some basements have been known to flood.  Water has a pesky way of settling in the lower levels first

But I guess those with 550lb safes in their basements also have 550psi pumps

Anyway, time for beers, let us all pray it does not rain this (UK) bank holiday

I usually store my DVD/Blu-rays at the bank in my safety deposit box. There are ways can get out from underneath (THE MAN). And yes I go to the bank every payday so it's not a special trip.

I just renewed my subscription today (I have some legacy stuff I need CC for). I used the 40% off link here  (https://www.creativebloq.com/features/adobe-deals). - UK only I think. 

I negotiated 40% off last year too. If you need CC, negotiate. Never pay full price.

Having said all that, I'm about 90% Affinity now with my workflow.

I managed a department's digital resources. I had triple duplicates made every 90 minutes to different machines in different fire protected zones. The fellow that took over from me contracted for off site encrypted in addition.

For myself, storage is now so ridiculously cheap, and my cloud connection so hideously slow and until recently unreliable, that a handful of SD cards squirreled away in various places does the job. As a BTW, I'm going to wipe out an old snowball iMac before recycling, and the HD on that is stores less than the SD card plugged into my current machine.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

6 minutes ago, gdenby said:

triple duplicates

Is that triplicates or sextuplicates? ears.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)