Is there a way to change the amount of darkness that's added when ticking the 'Darken Border' option in the crop tool in Affinity Photo? I'd like to have the option to darken the border to black so that the area outside the crop are fully obscured. Is this possible?

All thoughts/suggestions gratefully received!

Edward

Hi Edward Goodwin and Welcome to the Forums,

I'm not aware of a way to make the border even darker.  We don't have a settings for it in Preferences and the settings we do have for the interface all relate to the area outside of the canvas, so making those settings darker, would have no effect on the crop box :( 

Thanks for the reply.

Is this something that can be added into a list for new feature requests? I think it'd be really useful. It is available in photoshop (hence why I'm used to it...)

Edward 

16 minutes ago, Edward Goodwin said:

Thanks for the reply.

Is this something that can be added into a list for new feature requests? I think it'd be really useful. It is available in photoshop (hence why I'm used to it...)

Edward 

I agree that this would be useful. Many times I like to keep the darkened area very dark. It would be great to have a % option next to the check box.