You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.2.0.24974)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements, Features, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download: https://s3.amazonaws...stomer Beta.dmg

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Improvements, Features, Fixes

- Fix for incorrect rendering of AI/PDF imported objects with blend modes and passthrough option

- Hide the tool UI during numerous interactions (stroke width, pressure profile, layer effect interaction)

- Fix for vector export of objects which had thin strokes and either pressure profiles or inner/outer alignment

- Added support for cmap table format2, used by Asian languages. Also added support for most Apple text encodings to all the cmap formats

- Fix for numerous strange Zoom Tool and View Tool consistency issues

- RGB and CMYK sliders can now be linked by dragging while holding Shift

- Improved PSD import including support for reading in guides

- Fix for embedded documents not correctly honouring the option to ‘prefer aspect ratio locked resize’ in the same way other images do

- Context menu in Layers panel now includes ‘Rasterise…’

- Fix for colour buttons in ‘box’ colour controls not drawing correctly for the current profile

- Fix for loading certain optimised PNGs

- Added Hue range support to HSL adjustment and also option to enable HSV

- Fix for miscellaneous problems with the Open Recent menu item

- Added label-dragging of text fields to adjust the value in the field

- Improved accuracy of the new text on path functionality

- Fix for not being able to cut/copy/paste in certain text fields in the application

- Improved PSD export file size and support for writing out guides

- Changed Text Tool logic - Escape now deselects the current object if there is no text selection highlight but remains in the Text Tool

- Improved vector file import of curves - they should now have useful curve node types automatically set in order to help with re-editing them

- Fix for unexpected behaviour of frame text objects at certain angles

- Changed the default for ‘Text in Points’ to be enabled

- Added .abr PhotoShop brush file import

- Improved EPS import

- Fill/Stroke context toolbar flyouts now support noise/opacity slider for colours

- Improved user experience of ‘Open in Affinity Photo’ - no longer requires a previously saved document so should be more transparent

- Improved PDF import of opacity on bitmap fills

- Fill Tool now works on raster selections and on masks/adjustments

- Colour panel sliders can now be set to edit values in 8bit, 16bit or percentage

- Fix for non-square textures being stretched when used in raster brushes

- Improved RTF import - fixes a bug seen by pasting certain characters from a Microsoft Word table

- SVG import improved to include ‘symbol’ tag support

- Fix for sliders not automatically disappearing when activated and used through one mouse down -> drag procedure

- Added default page setups for iPhone 6 Plus documents and Apple Watch (38mm and 42mm). Cmd+8 should show you the correct physical size of the device's screen on your display

- Fix for PDF export of lines with miter join type causing unnecessary line expansion

- Fix for boolean operations involving text only considering the first character in the result!

- Added ability to switch views by using Cmd+`

- Forced our popup panels to always appear on top of other UI

- Improved SVG export file size

- Improved on-document object selection logic

- Fix for intermittent crash coming out of Separated mode

- Miscellaneous other tweaks and improvements

What a list  :o  … and this one is *extremely* useful:

Hide the tool UI during numerous interactions (stroke width, pressure profile, layer effect interaction)

Thanks a lot everybody, and have a nice weekend! Alex  :)

EDIT And wow, I have just seen that Dave fixed this … *awesome* work … he will know what I am talking about …  ;)

post-1198-0-41893600-1430561193_thumb.png

Hi Matt,

I don’t know if Andy Tang had the time to have a look at the Slices List, but I just wanted to report that (although I noticed some changes) it is still broken on OS X Lion. And the Stroke Panel gets stuck in front of other application windows, as long as the Pressure Profile Panel is selected … two minor UI glitches …

Thanks again for this update, Alex  :)

Slices_List_Still_Broken.mov

post-1198-0-84822000-1430556414_thumb.png

:)

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Every day I use AD professionally and every day I think : this app is just incredible.

All is not perfect but I've never regretted AI. Sometimes, I use AI for special effects and that's all.

Thanks !

Same here, unless the client specifically needs an Ai file, I'm doing everything I can in Designer now. I actually just had a client that wanted the designer file... woot!

One thing I don't understand : when you copy/paste a group or a object, sometimes, the copy is inside the group, sometimes outside. I have no rational explanations for that, it's a complete mystery.

I would like to see the same behavior like in cinema4d : in the objects manager, select a group or an object, move it with cmd, you get the arrow with a "+" (indication for copy) and you can place it where you want in the hierarchy.

Another thing : How can we make patterns ? I know, I can do it "old school" with duplications but it takes to much memory, I would have the same thing like AI.

… in the objects manager, select a group or an object, move it with cmd, you get the arrow with a "+" (indication for copy) and you can place it where you want in the hierarchy …

Cannot but repeat to say that this would be great …  :)

Hi Matt,

as I noted in my first post, hiding the tool UI on numerous interactions is such a great advancement! Thanks for that again. But I must confess that there’s another little thing that is really distracting when using the text tools. Suppose you want to edit some text in a text frame. Then you definitely don’t need to see the snapping hints under the text cursor (for you can’t use the text tool to create another frame on top of the existing one as long as the text cursor is blinking within the frame). Therefore I would suggest the following:

As long as the text cursor is blinking within a text frame or as long as a part of the text is highlighted,

all snapping hints should be disabled on the area of that text frame.

I don’t know if this is technically possible, but I would find it *very* useful. Cheers, Alex  :)

TextCursor.mov

AD can open a lot of formats : great !

But when I'm looking for opening only AD files, I spend a lot of time before finding them. I would several option when we're opening à file : show all files / AD files only / etc

As much as I would like to, I still can not use AD professionally because of no bleeds and trims and pro printing features. :(

For designing book covers this is crucial.

Other then that: Good update! :)

• Staff

As much as I would like to, I still can not use AD professionally because of no bleeds and trims and pro printing features. :(

For designing book covers this is crucial.

Other then that: Good update! :)

Hi Przemo,

This has already been noted, and most of the pro printing features will go in at some point. Unfortunately, I can't give you a time when that might be but it is definitely on our list to do. :)

I've been having a lot of problems switching tools with this beta, especially getting the magnifying glass (or in my case I can't get it even though I press command + spacebar). Is this a known issue? Is anyone else having trouble with this? 

Hokusai

00Gz,

Thanks for the response. I'm having different issues but maybe they are related? For me I have trouble switching to the magnifying glass and sometimes I can't get the move tool and other times I can't get the node tool. There are also times when I get the node tool but it looks like the move tool but it behaves like the node tool. 

MEB,

Sorry I can't give you particular examples I just know that often when I'm using either the move tool or the node tool and I want to zoom in or out, I can't access the magnifying glass without selecting it in the tool bar. As well there are occasions when I have issues with the move tool and the node tool, I can't access them using the keyboard shortcuts (but I can access them if I go to the tool bar and click on them). 

Hokusai

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.