You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cursor changes across spreads—bug or design?

I don't know if this has been addressed before, but when I am editing text boxes on a spread, I can immediately click on any text box and edit—even if the boxes are not linked.

However, if I scroll down to a different spread, even to the next linked text box to continue editing, my cursor automatically changes to create a new text box. I find this quite irritating when editing across spreads as I keep needing to click multiple times to get my editing cursor back.

Is there any reason why moving to a new spread (with existing text boxes) triggers a text box creation cursor rather than being able to continue editing with the text selection cursor? Am I missing something?

Cheers!!

7 hours ago, fde101 said:

I'm not seeing this behavior.  I can click once on an existing text box on a page other than the selected one and it places the insertion point where I clicked.

Here is a screen recording. Notice that in the top spread the cursor only goes to text box creation when not over a text box, while in the bottom spread it changes to text box creation even through it is on top of an existing text box.

1 hour ago, Gavin Anthony said:

Notice that in the top spread the cursor only goes to text box creation when not over a text box, while in the bottom spread it changes to text box creation even through it is on top of an existing text box.

Interesting...  mine isn't behaving that way at all.

I'm assuming you are on the latest build(1.7.0.305)?

Otherwise not sure how to direct you.  Something about your configuration or your document is causing a different behavior than what I see on my system.

6 minutes ago, fde101 said:

Interesting...  mine isn't behaving that way at all.

I'm assuming you are on the latest build(1.7.0.305)?

Otherwise not sure how to direct you.  Something about your configuration or your document is causing a different behavior than what I see on my system.

Yes, I am on the latest build. Very strange, and frustrating!

• 2 weeks later...

I am on the latest. I don't know if this helps, but I just created a new document and there is no issue with the cursor. However, my current document, which was created from an imported PDF still has these issues. Could it be related to issues with PDF import? 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.