You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Paragraph Style not honoured when placing plain text files.

This is driving me nuts. Placing a text file into a text frame while having paragraph style selected gets the text placed with the No Style attributes applied. Or maybe it is more accurate to. say they are amended to the chosen Paragraph style. I also cannot remove these by hitting the reapply button on the Text Styles pane. (the little circular arrow)

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Perhaps related to this, but when I paste from Email or from a note in a PDF (acrobat) the text is formatted, even if the original was not? I have to explicitly paste as unformatted text. This is different from indesign and does not make much sense to me.

• Staff

Hi Old Bruce,

I'm not quite seeing the behaviour you are. I'm finding the text is having the Text Style applied that was selected, but then having an additional formatting to change the font (from what the text style was set to use) to what I had previously used in a different frame. I can just use Reset Formatting button in the Text Styles Panel to correct this though.

Are you able to record a video showing the behaviour you are getting?

4 hours ago, Sean P said:

Are you able to record a video showing the behaviour you are getting?

I have one but it displays what you are describing. I honestly don't think that should be considered either normal or acceptable behaviour.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.