You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In the swatches palette, open the hamburger menu.  Create an application palette if you want the colors to be available on that computer by all documents you open, or a document palette if you want it to be part of the specific document you are working on and thus carried over when you move the document to other computers.

Note that global colors can only be added to document palettes.

When you have the swatches Tab selected, it's on the far right

Not sure how you could miss it :D

hamburger.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I can see it.

You just have the poor man's burger

ham3.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

3 minutes ago, carl123 said:

You just have the poor man's burger

I hope John isn’t too cheesed off about that!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

If you click on your hamburger menu can you now see the palette options you need?

1 minute ago, johnleftwich said:

Yes, thanks for that Carl, while I'm here, how do I save a palette to import, say, into Designer?

On that same hamburger menu that you clicked on you should see an option to Export Palette do that then on the same menu in Designer use the Import Palette option to import your custom palette into Designer

3 minutes ago, johnleftwich said:

PS. why 'aven't I got the nice coloured  'amburger' icon, like what everybody else has??

I apologise, I have a 3rd party add-on pack which changes some of my icons into more colourful versions that I find more user friendly and memorable.

You have the official Publisher version so are restricted to the basic icons that come with Publisher. 

As you are still learning the program I would stick with those icons etc as all training material and videos etc will be based on what you see on your screen not mine.

12 minutes ago, johnleftwich said:

Thanks Carl. Any more problems - I'll call you later!!!:)

You’re more likely to get a positive response if you call him Carl. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)