You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Integration with 3rd party : Antidote

Hi,

Alex here from Druide informatique, editor of Antidote (https://antidote.info). Some of our users are requesting the ability to use both software (Designer and Antidote) simultaneously and as seamless as possible.

How can we deliver that to our mutual users?

Thanks,

Alex

Edited by Alexandre Larouche

Hi, welcome to the Affinity forums.

I am NOT a Serif employee but I would suggest you repost to the dedicated Customer Service area of the forum, taking particular notice of this pinned post.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• 1 month later...

@Alexandre Larouche I am a big fan of Antidote, and I was planning to request Druide consider integration with Affinity Publisher once it is out of beta. I am very much encouraged to see you are already looking into the possibility, and that it seems from @TonyB's post that Serif is open to considering it.

I see this was requested about Affinity Designer, but of course it would be even more applicable to Affinity Publisher, and I hope of course that the common architecture of Publisher and Designer would mean that if one gets integrated, both apps can be. For me, integration with Designer would be nice to have, and I might use it occasionally, but it would be indispensable in Publisher, as we are looking to replace Adobe InDesign with Affinity Publisher as it matures.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I understand Serif has their hands full with so many requests, especially while Affinity Publish is still so new. So I can be understanding that making possible third-party integration might take some time. I shall try to be patient.

I return to this thread today only to put in a further good word for Druide and their product Antidote following another stellar support case I experienced with them. The background is that my preferred email program, Postbox, removed plugin support with Postbox 6 (I think it was a case outside their control), and that broke integration with Antidote. Postbox 7 just launched with a new “labs” feature that apparently is something like plugins or extensions. And no sooner had the email announcement gone out about Postbox 7 than I read about it, clicked to learn more about the labs feature, and discovered that Antidote is one of only three third parties to have support already underway.

I wrote to Druide about something related to this, and, without going into details, I just want to say that they went quite beyond the call of duty. If any of you are looking for an advanced resource for grammar, spelling and typography correction in French and/or English, including really excellent and extensive language resources for these two languages, I suggest you check out Antidote 10.

They are a good company and offer a good product, just like Serif. I hope the two will be able to collaborate soon.

(While I’m at it, I also commend the team behind Postbox for working hard to bring back integrations. The new Postbox 7 is a worthy upgrade in other respects as well, and I am glad to be back with Postbox.)

I've been using Antidote since the first version years ago... integration with Affinity software, in particular Publisher, would be a big plus.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

1 hour ago, garrettm30 said:

(While I’m at it, I also commend the team behind Postbox for working hard to bring back integrations. The new Postbox 7 is a worthy upgrade in other respects as well, and I am glad to be back with Postbox.)

Glad to see another user of Postbox. I'm very happy with it as my email client for several years now.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Waiting idem big user of antidote for book and transfer my production from indesign to affinity publisher

hope integration coming soon ^^

Mac mini Yosemite / High Sierra V1 - Imac 2017 Monterey V1/V2

logoedition4X5.png

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered Affinity Publisher which I immediately purchased. Your software is excellent.
I await the integration of a professional corrector like Antidote (or Pro lexis?).
The company that created Antidote is OK for this feature.
I hope that you will be able to agree soon for the happiness of all, and especially professional users.
Best regards.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/3/2019 at 2:25 PM, TonyB said:

I have put it on the official list. 

Cheers,

TonyB.

Hi TonyB 

I don't know if we could see somewhere the official list

Do you know if there are some progress on this demand? I'd love to see this antidote integration coming as well

Thanks

Yoann

13 hours ago, Yoann said:

I don't know if we could see somewhere the official list

Serif no longer shares their roadmap of upcoming features. I can't remember how long ago it was that they decided to remove the roadmaps, but if I remember correctly, it was before Tony mentioned adding Antidote integration on the "official list." I suppose he was referring to an unpublished internal list. I wonder how long it is…

Also, even if something made it to the list, it didn't mean it would come soon. There are still a few items that I remember seeing on the Affinity Designer roadmap a few years ago that still have not been realized.