You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add Restart Numbering to right-click menu

On 5/3/2019 at 10:47 AM, Gavin Anthony said:

when I am in the middle of a list

I guess that's the point. To make a list work automatically the application needs to know your needs and therefore needs more than 1 entry. Otherwise it might try to "repair" a number which you have deleted to jump willfully without telling the application.

The auto-numbering offers (and, therefore, needs) various settings:
– "Level"
– "Start Numbering at ..."
– "Restart Numbering ...(if...)"
– "Restart Numbering Now"

The right-click menu options would be quite complex and would need to force you to go to another window anyway – otherwise you would not need the auto-numbering feature at all. – So your requests sounds like "Open the Paragraph Panel with its section Bullets and Numbering" and for the menu it would read "Bullets and Numbering" to simply open the according panel.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

On 5/2/2019 at 11:11 AM, Gavin Anthony said:

"restart numbering"

Sorry, I have misread your request in my recent post (thought you want to type user-defined numbers).

Yes, "restart numbering now" could be a context menu item in lists. On the other hand I assume any list restart would also show a layout/formatting change, for instance an empty line (hard break). To achieve that you could use the setting "Restart Numbering: Any None List". That does restart numbering automatically.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1