You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when pasting table from docx file

Hello 

Very pleased to see .docx import in the latest beta

First thing I tested was simple import with simple table.

When I try and copy the table from within the imported text frame it copies OK. 

But, when I then try and paste this table down it crashes. This happens regardless of if I have a text frame selected or not. See screenshare below.

https://d.pr/i/nWYhtH

Hope this helps. Best, Christian

In the initial announcement it was mentioned that multi-page tables would not be supported. There could also be other problems with your table. If possible could you share the docx file for the developers to look at?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

5 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

multi-page tables would not be supported.

Not supported yet.

It was fairly evident that it is expected they will be eventually, though not necessarily in 1.7.

Still, it shouldn't cause a crash.

I have a similar problem

A table created in numbers can be pasted into Word, but not into Affinity publisher

The attached jpeg shows what happensOn the RHS is the result of pasting into Word

On the left after pasting into publisher

Table paste.jpg

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.