You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm using build 305. I have a book layout project I'm working on – mainly text, about 20 images to date – that has been working beautifully to date. Very few problems at all. However, all of a sudden I cannot save the file without the application crashing. The problem seems to be restricted to the one file – previously saved versions and other projects are working okay. But on this one I can't even open the file, make a very minor change and save it again without a crash. I tried deleting the application and reinstalling a fresh download but the problem remains.

The file is currently 29.3MB and about 200 pages (though about 60 of those are still blank), which I wouldn't have thought was huge. 

Would really appreciate a fix to this asap. While I know we can't rely on the beta for production projects the app has been working so well to date that I've gone a fair way with this project with the intention of using it.

Reminds me of a similar problem someone had in the past.

Do you have save history set for the document?

If yes, open the document and switch it off.

If no, can you upload the document or if private you can send it to the Devs/Support privately.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Ended up going back to a slightly earlier version and rebuilding from there and it seemed to work, but now have struck the same problem after more work on the project. I will send it to support. Thanks for the tip on turning on the history save.

2 hours ago, djb21au said:

I'd prefer not to upload the offending file publicly. Where can I send the file directly to the developers?

You'll have to wait for them to rise and shine for a new day, it was the middle of the night there when you asked your question.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Yes, figured I was probably in the wrong time zone :)

Unfortunately I'm now having multiple and frequent crashes and really can't do any meaningful work on my project until (hopefully) the source of them is identified. For the record, attached is a crash report in case it helps the devs or anyone else.

APu crash report.rtf

For the record, I ultimately worked around this (hopefully temporary) issue by building my project (a 250 page book) in three parts. I haven't had any issues with saving the resulting smaller files, leading me to conclude that the instability I experienced is related to larger files. This obviously required some extra effort with the table of contents and the need to export the files separately and then merge them, but no big deal – a small compromise for being able to use the beta. Bottom line is I've had a good experience with APu even in its beta version with very few glitches.

On 5/11/2019 at 12:30 AM, Sean P said:

Hi djb21au,

Would you be able to upload it to our internal Dropbox account using the link below please?
https://www.dropbox.com/request/pp2DVAPJJbWXwr5rlbiv

Thanks!

Thanks Sean P, I've uploaded the file. On this particular one, the file will save as-is but making any change and then trying to re-save results in a crash.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.